There is summary of the winter session of the International Committee on Tourism Attractiveness and Sustainable Tourism Development held on November 9, 2018 in Antalya in the Republic of Turkey.
The session was attended by international experts in the field of sustainable tourism development from 80 countries of the world.
International experts finally approved 8 candidate sites (from 7 countries of the world) for inclusion in the World List of Particular Tourist Attractions (Final List) (www.worldlist.travel):
- Bolivia - The ancient city of Tiwanaku (a tangible object of tourist attraction);
- Venezuela - the longest in length and the highest altitude in the world cableway Telefirico de Merida (a tangible object of tourist attraction);
- Kazakhstan - Monument of architecture of the Republican significance, the mausoleum of the XII century built - “Aisha-Bibi” (a tangible object of tourist attraction);
- Kazakhstan - Monument of the history and culture of Kazakhstan of Republican significance, a palace complex of the 8th — 9th centuries built in the Zhambyl region “Akyrtas” (a tangible object of tourist attraction);
- Cuba - Varadero Beach (a natural object of tourist attraction);
- Namibia - Fish River Canyon (natural object of tourist attraction);
- Russia - Unique national traditions, the art of decorating cold weapons and engravings on steel made by masters of the city of Zlatoust (an intangible object of tourist attraction);
- Tunisia - The Archaeological Park in Carthage (a tangible object of tourist attraction).
For various technical reasons 5 candidate sites were denied for the inclusion in the World List of Particular Tourist Attractions.
Currently, in the World List of Particular Tourist Attractions 2184 intangible, tangible and natural sites of tourist attractiveness. The world list is represented by 197 countries of the world.
During the presentation of tourist attractiveness, some candidate countries made a show and impressed International experts with their colorful performances.
The Secretary General of the Eurasian Economic Cooperation Organization Vladimir Piskurev, said: “I would especially like to note the presentation of the Chelyabinsk region, which made the International experts from 80 countries of the world applause, with a feeling of special delight and respect to greet the team of the Chelyabinsk region. Representatives of the Administration of the Zlatoust of the Chelyabinsk region during their presentation showed the highest level of qualification, presented to the International expert community an interesting lecture and concert program about the tourist, cultural, investment attractiveness of the Zlatoust and the Chelyabinsk region. They introduced to the international experts unique national traditions, the art of decorating the cold weapons and engravings on steel masters of the city of Zlatoust. Unfortunately, only one team from the Chelyabinsk region represented a huge Russia at the Antalya Session in Turkey was able to reach the final. ”
The team of Akimat of Zhambyl oblast of the Republic of Kazakhstan during its presentation showed the highest level of qualification, presented to the International expert community an interesting lecture on the tourist, cultural and investment attractiveness of the region, introduced the International experts to the national customs and lifestyle of the people of Kazakhstan.
Representatives of candidate sites during the presentation of their regions were able to offer to International experts from 80 countries of the world: trade, economic, scientific, technical, humanitarian cooperation and partnership with their countries.
The inclusion of 9 international sites from 8 countries of the world in the World List of Particular Tourist Attractions undoubtedly contributes to the economic, infrastructural and social development of various countries, strengthening mutual understanding and trust between people of the world.
The presentation of candidate sites from different countries caused wide international interest and promoted the popularization of the historical heritage of various states in order to develop the tourist, cultural and of course, investment attractiveness of their regions, international experts from various countries of the world unanimously noted in their speeches.